Tuesday, November 09, 2010

"In the Ghetto"...

Never thought I would find myself driving through it, but alas this morning as I rode MCTS for the very first time, I somehow wound up there.

Today started off really well; I enjoyed a nice walk through downtown this morning into work, and work was very pleasant. The problem, of course, arose in regards to public transit. This was my first time using the Milwaukee transit and I obviously am not very canny with the system yet (nor know my directions). Anyway, I was supposed to get on the Route 30 bus that would take me to UWM. Silly me, I took the "30 Florist" bus which is not only the wrong direction, but heads directly into Milwaukee's inner city--the "ghetto" as I say.

Though I hadn't been there previously, I will agree that the place is quite shady to say the least. I was a little freaked out when I realized that UWM was not going to be on the horizon. While on this "tour", I encountered several "interesting" people including a drunk man. Long story shorter and two and a half hours later, I finally arrived at my intended destination. As a result of this, I missed my first class (which fortunately the professor chuckled at what happened). The experience was an eye-opener to say the least!

No comments: